30 December 2022 – Over 60 articles have been published about the World and European Regions of Gastronomy in international online media in 2022. These include renown travel magazines such as Lonely Planet, Traveller and National Geographic, as well as leading newspapers such as The Times and The Telegraph.
This remarkable achievement shows the growing interest worldwide in the inspiring work that the regions are carrying on, especially in terms of sustainable tourism and the promotion of food and cultural diversity.
Leaf through some of the most prominent examples from major international publications that reveal why the World and European Regions of Gastronomy are a must-visit!
- Discover Spain’s unsung food capitals: 11 culinary cities worth the trip
- How Slovenia is taking the lead as a top cycling destination in Europe
- A reason to travel to Hauts-de-France in 2023: Europe’s new region of gastronomy
- Where to travel in August: five of the best destinations
- Best of the world: 35 destinations for 2023 and beyond
- Norwegian to launch flights from Manchester to Trondheim – Business Traveller
- 30 best places to visit in 2022, as picked by CNT Editors – CN Traveller India
- What’s New In Norway In 2022?
- What To See And Do In Europe In 2022
- Trondheim: Hidden Out In The Open, This City Is The Perfect Introduction To Norway
- Strolling And Dining Around Galway, Ireland
- New Gran Meliá Hotel Opens As Prototype For Carbon Neutrality In The Balearics
- Norway’s Best Hotel Breakfasts For 2022 Revealed
- The 15 best foodie breaks around the world (subscription needed)
- Balearic bites — from seafront cafés to Michelin-starred dining (subscription needed)
- Where to buy property in Menorca, Spain (subscription needed)
- Forget Bulgaria – Slovenia is Europe’s finest option for budget skiers (subscription needed)
- Slovenia: Gastronomy and innovation in a truly green and pleasant land
- Menorca: The paradise island where ‘anything is possible’
- Discovering the rich gastronomy of the Balearic Islands
- Norwegian Air to add Manchester-Trondheim flight
- Norway: why Trondheim-Trøndelag is a favourite for foodies this year
- What’s new for travel in Norway
- Slovenia has it all – from fine dining to beautiful scenery and vineyards
- Why Menorca is the perfect holiday hotspot to visit in Spain – from amazing bars to beautiful beaches
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Saudi’s Aseer awarded “World Region of Gastronomy 2024” title
- Saudi Arabia’s culinary heritage to be showcased at Terra Madre network conference in Turin, Italy
About the World/European Regions of Gastronomy
World/European Regions of Gastronomy, guided by IGCAT, are working together to strengthen food security through the celebration of distinctive food cultures; create employment by stimulating creativity and gastronomic innovation; nourish children and adults through culinary and cultural education; driving environmental sustainability in tourism, hospitality and agricultural sectors; supporting balance and sustainable tourism practices; highlighting and supporting expertise from within rural and urban communities, creating connections and sharing good practices; and contributing to community health and well-being.
IGCAT aims to empower local communities by raising awareness of the importance of protecting and promoting distinct regional food, culture, arts and natural assets as part of sustainable and balanced tourism and development strategies. This is essential to safeguarding our planet, health, wellness and local economies.
IGCAT is a non-profit institute established in 2012, working with regional stakeholder consortiums in the fields of gastronomy, culture, arts and tourism. It counts on the expertise of a worldwide network of experts and works in partnership with specialised intergovernmental organisations.
IGCAT founded the World/European Region of Gastronomy Award and is the official secretariat for the World/European Regions of Gastronomy Platforms. Furthermore, the Institute has developed the European Young Chef Award, the World Food Gift Challenge, the Top Websites for Foodie Travelers Award and the international Food Film Menu.